Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm A Weight-Watcher Again...

I did a little video of me taking measurements of my belly today.  If you want to watch and snicker along with the video, it's okay with me.  If you want to forward to anyone else who would be encouraged in their own weight-loss efforts by watching me humiliate myself, that's okay.  If you merely are tempted to forward it because it's fun to laugh at the fat girl... please restrain yourself.  I have good self-esteem, but public humiliation on a mass scale just may do me in.

Oh... whatever.  Do what you want!

I'm excited about the new WW Plan that they've been advertising every 2 minutes on HGTV.  It's now called the momentum plan and it is a combination of the previous core and flex programs.  Basically, you try to incorporate more filling and sustaining foods into your diet i.e., you don't eat two candy bars at 11 pts each and call it a day... which is a tempting idea.  

The downside to WW is that I feel like I obsessed TOO much about my diet and my weight when I was counting points.  (Whereas recording a video diary of your fat stomach is NOT obsessive.)
I think I will be more successful this time around because John and I are doing it together again and I have more time to go to meetings while Harlan is at school.  And also... because I am doing this little blog which kind of pressures me to make some changes to my appearance.  I mean, face it... it won't make for very exciting viewing if I never actually become a skinny bitch that everyone wants to hate because I'm so skinny and gorgeous.  And even if you someday find yourself hating me in all my skinny gorgeousness, you will wrestle with that impulse because you will be able to go back to this post on January 6th, 2009 and see my before video and emotions of pity will resurface again for you.

I have just consumed 2 giant bowls of zero points WW soup and I'm on my second glass of red wine...  which is VERY good for you!  Just ask the authors of the Skinny Bitch book.  I'm too cheap, though, to buy the kind without sulfates.  Nonetheless, the second glass of wine has made it virtually impossible for me to stop blabbing in this post while I wait for the video to upload.

Soooooo..... enough about me...  What are you doing this year that's new and different?  How about you make some precious comments on my blog for all to see.  Kind of mix it up a little?  Tell us what you're working on.  What your New Year's Resolutions are?

Damn... wish this video would hurry up and upload already.

Please click on the link below to view the video on youtube.  I have it set up there that only you sweet gals can see it.  My niece Cami likes to look at my youtube videos and I don't want to scare her!  Hee Hee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci34NjlFWSY

2 comments:

  1. ggrrrrr! I just posted a long paragraph and it didn't work. I'm trying again with a condensed version...WTG on your WW meeting! The points system send me right to panic attack stage, Woo-hoo for the red wine info--I think I'll follow that plan, My resolutions: Be nicer/don't gossip too much (moderation is key), become healthier in regards to food and exercise (moderation again), be nicer to my liver (hhmmm, moderation once again, I think I see a pattern emerging) and try to like StL more.
    Oh yea, I tried to look at the utube but I couldn't figure how to view...do I log on as the regular e-mail where you send me messages, my g-mail account I set up to post on the blog, my blog user name or just my regular old name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video didn't work for me either, it said that it was "private" so we might need a password. Darn, wanted a good laugh before I'm off to work. Please post good recipes you find, like the zero point soup! I love soup and knowing that I'm eating zero points and can drink a few points guilt-free rocks! I'm really into cooking these days so I'd love any recipes you have to share.

    This year I'm going to try and find balance. Last year sucked...I mean really sucked. I came out of it being so grateful for my life even if there are flaws that I struggle to fix. I have so much, mainly my three amazing children. Last year made me really love them more, look at them, listen, absorb them everyday. I'm also going to spoil them more :) not with monetary things but with mommy things that I can do for them. For instance, Whitney forgot her nasty nacho lunchable at home yesterday. I dropped off snacks for our 2 weeks of snack duty and she was beside herself. I looked at her sad little face, mascara running and Ms. Parker's look of fear at what would be in store if I didn't take it...and brought it to her. 5 minutes out of my day and I made a huge impact on Whitney, her teacher and her classmates. I can do that more.

    I love my job and will be focused and work hard this year but I will also have more fun with my girlfriends. I need that or I'm just not a very happy person. Brad won't be as excited about that but he can deal. I will be announcing and staking my claim of time.

    I'm wanting to be healthy this year, work out consistantly, eat more fresh foods, not drink much during the week and don't overdo it on the weekends. Sleep more! I've done ok with all of this last year but will stay committed and aware of being healthy because it makes me feel so great!

    Darcie I'm excited for you to be a skinny bitch! We already hate you for your beauty, talent and humor so the rest will just really make us squirm with envy. You'll feel better mind, body and spirit and that is what I want for you. It is no fun to feel yucky about yourself. I know you can do it and I'll be right by your side with interest and support.

    Big hugs and kisses!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete